After the Weekends first Round of Intermediate Club action, We definitely expected Movement in the Rankings and We got some.
This was our first edition of the Power Rankings, check out where We thought everyone was before the Round 1 games.Click Here
Some impressive Performances from the likes of Carrick Davin’s, Borrisokane and Moneygall have confirmed their status as contenders for the County, Others already such as Ballybacon and Shannon Rovers look to be in serious danger of a Relegation Semi Final berth already.
Intermediate Power Rankings.
16. Ballybacon/Grange. 7 points scored in their Round 1 game v Skeheenarinky, a paltry return. The Church B game in Round 2 was always going to be their focus from the time the groups were drawn up, so nothing much has changed. – No Change
15. Upperchurch/Drombane B. Tough Loss to Borrisokane.Their Round two with Ballybacon could be the relegation final in disguise. – No Change
14. Arravale Rovers. Heavy loss to Davins. Will be hard to pick up from here. They will need to repeat their West trick over Kickhams to avoid the relegation battle. SOS to Johnny Ryan – Down 2
13. Shannon Rovers. Big Fall due to the cut throat quality group they are in. Not as bad as this ranking but being in a group Moneygall,Kilsheelan and Boherhlahan means they will contest relegation again this year – Down 8
12. Carrick Davins. Huge win over Arravale Rovers. Well set up now for a crack at Drom/Inch B. A win in this one will change the complexion of their year. – Up 2
11. Golden/Kilfeacle. Lost out to Cappawhite by three points again but relied heavily on Jack Leamy. Huge game with Kiladangan B coming up. – Down 1
10. Kiladangan B. Drop down following 4 point loss to Ballingarry. Looked lost at times. Important game with Golden in Round 2. – Down 4
9. Cappawhite. Winners over Golden by 3. Held their opponents to single digit points. Will need a big performance against Ballingarry though to move up the rankings further. – Up 2
8. Knockavilla Kickhams. Cracking result for Kickhams considering the players they were missing. Will relish a revenge mission against Arravale in Round 2,which will then set up a potential winner takes all clash v the Davins. – Up 5
7. Drom/Inch. Last year’s Semi-finalists will be disappointed to draw game one but will be confident of a victory against Davins. – Up 1
6. Skeheenarinky. Last year’s Semi-finalists move up after a hard fought but decent win over Ballybacon. Will need to find more scoring power to topple Borrisokane who ran up 3-27 in their Round 1 game. A hard game to call. – Up 3
5.Ballingarry. Showed true grit to get over a Kiladangan B team just down from Premier Intermediate. Dylan Walsh was on fire with 9pts. – Up 2
4. Borrisokane. The beaten North finalists justify their top 5 billing with an emphatic win over Upperchurch Drombane B in Round 1. Moving along nicely. – No Change
3. Kilsheelan. Should get back on the horse in round 2 v Shannon Rovers. Have a preliminary Quarter Final in the bag from the South win. May need it yet in a very sticky Group 3 but still a top team. – Down 1
2. Boherlahan. Leapfrogging Kilsheelan by virtue of a one point win over them. Coming together nicely for the Mid side. Will move into the top spot with a win in round 2 over Moneygall. – Up 1
1. Moneygall. Struggled again with Shannon Rovers before an emphatic last 10 minutes saw them eight point winners. – No Change.
Check out the Full Rankings in this Week’s Podcast Episode where We delve further into the Rankings and review every one of the Round 1 Games whilst also looking ahead and previewing the Round 2 games, across the 3 Grades.