Its a complex Algorithm based on current form shown in the divisions, last years form, players coming in, players injured or in America and who we are likely to get the most abuse from…
16. Ballybacon/Grange – Perennial Relegation team. Brendan Cummins dug them out of a hole with a long range free last year. Their game with the Church will be decisive.
15. Upperchurch/Drombane B – Just up from Junior and have lost James Barry. Tough Group with Skeheenarinky and Borrisokane
14. Carrick Davins – Did well to get to the South Final, will need to find a win V Arravale or Kickhams to avoid Relegation Battle
13. Knockavilla Kickhams – Last years Quarter Finalists lost out to Arravale in the West this Year,Missing Lorcan Carr, Eddie Daly, the Horgan’s & Paudie O’Carroll. Tough first game v Drom.
12. Arravale Rovers – excellent win over Kickhams in the West, took Cappawhite to the wire. If Johnny Ryan returns home from San Francisco, expect them to place higher in our rankings next time round.
11. Cappawhite – Won West Intermediate 2023 but suspect form when holding leads. A very tough group.
10. Golden/Kilfeacle – Lost out to Cappawhite by a goal but the return of both Niall Heffernan & Ben Currivan will be a boon to them.
9. Skeheenarinky – 2022 Semi finalist. Good form in South, could be again the dark horses to make another semi final in 2023.
8. Drom/Inch B – 2022 Semi finalists, lost out to Boherlahan in Mid Final
7. Ballingarry – Division 3 League Finalists, very sharp in South and form of Dylan Walsh encouraging.
6. Kiladangan B – Just down from Premier Intermediate, Division 4 League finalists.
5. Shannon Rovers – Took Moneygall to extra time in the North. In a Tough group so a win in Round 1 v Moneygall will be vital, they get that and their season will take off.
4. Borrisokane – Lost by 1 Point to Moneygall in 2022, beaten North Finalists this year. Form of Oisin Larkin is exciting.
3. Boherlahan – 2022& 2023 Mid Winners, addition of O’Dwyer’s & Clarke’s a huge bonus. Up and coming team.
2. Kilsheelan – 2021 Finalists & 2023 South Winners – Having Mark Kehoe & Paul Maher firing for them is instrumental in We placing them at 2.
1. Moneygall – 2022 Finalists, 2023 North Winners – two intercounty senior forwards in Fogarty and Kenneally. Management Team bolstered by the addition of Cormac McGrath, Hard to see them being beaten this year.
Check out the Full Rankings in this Week’s Podcast Episode where We delve further into the Rankings and Preview every one of the Round 1 Games on this Weekend across the 3 Grades