Its a complex Algorithm based on current form shown in the divisions, last years form, players coming in, players injured or in America and who we are likely to get the most abuse from…
16. Portroe – May struggle with absences, AJ Willis and Ruadhan Mulrooney being 2 particular losses. Get them back and things will change. The attitude of the 3 Divisional Champions who have already secured Preliminary County Quarter Final slots and are in Portroe’s group could see them move out of the red zone in our next Power Ranking Edition.
15. Sean Treacys – Treacy’s will give their all as is their traditional approach and will be close in most games,but might lack strength in depth.
14.Ballina – another North team who have under performed in recent years, Stephen O’Brien’s loss might scupper their hopes, have they the potential to go a lot better in the Big Ball?.
13.Thurles Sarsfields B – hard to know who they will put out given the numbers at their disposal, A disappointing Mid divisional defeat V Clonakenny doesn’t bode well for them in this company.
12.Moyne Templetuohy -Form of Conor Bowe vital to their chances, Also will they get Gearoid O’Connor back from the States in Time to make an impact ?,A Team with the Potential to be placed much higher.
11. Newport – frustratingly less than the sum of their parts in recent campaigns.
10. Silvermines – over-reliant on Forde on frees and from play, vulnerable if he’s held as We have already seen this Year in the North, some very useful younger lads starting to emerge in this Club. Their round 1 derby game v Burgess has all the hallmarks of a cracker.
9. Carrick Swan-will aim to bring divisional form to county series, haven’t done this recently though.
8 Lorrha – Their goalscoring North form a throw back to their 2020 Premier Intermediate Final run, Squad depth an Issue and no Brian Hogan, currently in Australia, another that could go higher in our next power ranking edition.
7. St Mary’s – Beaten semi finalists last two years, need to push on this year, A Club with their population base needs to be in Senior both from a South Perspective but also from a Tipperary viewpoint.
6. Clonakenny – in a tough group, but divisional form is solid, a case for them to be placed higher.
5. Cashel – looked good V Treacy’s, Took a whipping from a much higher ranked Clonoulty in the West Final, On Paper look the real deal, doubts persists that they are less than the sum of the parts at the minute.
4. Burgess – Were well in control of the North Final V Lorrha in the North Final and then proceeded to be outscored 4-10 to 0-07 in the second half, Have better Squad Depth than most North teams that’s why We have them to go deep this Year.
3. Eire Og Annacarthy – Used to playing at a higher level, having being relegated from Senior last Year, Its well within their grasp to bounce back up this Year
2. Killenaule-Perennial and maddening under achievers have already taken out a Dan Breen team in this Years Divisional Championship, Where is Bubbles?, He could be the Key.
1.Gortnahoe/Glengoole – Already Mid Champs in 2023,Only for the performance of Daryl Ryan in the closing stages between the sticks for Roscrea in last Year’s Premier Intermediate Final, They would have been Senior in 2023 ,We will be keeping an eye out in particular for the form of young Damien Corbett.
Check out the Full Rankings in this Week’s Podcast Episode where We delve further into the Rankings and Preview every one of the Round 1 Games on this Weekend across the 3 Grades.